THE CLIPPER SHIP “SEA WITCH,” CAPT. G.W. FRAZER. ATTRIBUTED TO CHARLES H. PARSONS (AMERICAN 1821-1910).

Est. $4,000-$6,000

Built by Smith & Dimon, New York for the China trade firm, Howland & Aspinwall, the “Sea Witch” was launched in 1846. Watercolor on paper, 16 ¼ x 23 ½ inches. The paper with watermark “J. WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL.”

Provenance: Purchased from Jack Partridge, North Edgecomb, Maine, 1982.

Ask a Question About This Lot